Metrolink's Imake.tmpl-What's in it?

Post by wayne t. wats » Sat, 08 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I recently installed Metrolink's X server and OpenGL.
In the process of doing so a step asked me to modify
the Imake.tmpl file in one of the directories.  I
noticed that it was empty.  Placing lines in it
seemed not to effect some simple OpenGL experiments.
However, I tried compiling some of the programs
in Nye's book, Xlib Programming Manual, using
xmkmf and found I got the following message:
 wayne$ xmkmf
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
In file included from Imakefile.c:3:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl:1:
   `#include' expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
imake: Exit code 33.  Stop.

This leads me to believe that something did not install properly
with respect to Imake.tmpl.  Suggestions?

1. xmkmf can't find 'Imake.tmpl'

I am trying to compile the source distribution of xfig-3.2
on a computer setup with Slackware-3.4.

Unfortunately, when I type xmkmf, I get the answer:

mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:13: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 33.
  Stop.

Does anybody know how I can install and configure xmkmf
properly (it looks like it did'nt come right when I installed
Slackware-3.4) ?

Or is there a place where I can find a binary distribution
of xfig-3.2 that is not made for RedHat or Debian ?

Thank you.

--
-------------------------------------
Christophe MACABIAU

Phone:5 62 17 42 77 Fax:5 62 17 42 70
http://www.recherche.enac.fr/ext/ltst/macabiau
-----------------------------------

2. Changing function call syntax

3. Can't find libc.so.3.0, Imake.tmpl

4. What's wrong with csh?

5. No Imake.tmpl file, xconsole doesn't work

6. GCC Mem errs?

7. imake.tmpl --- can't find

8. 5 bad logins

9. XMKMF and IMAKE want Imake.tmpl

10. imake = Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory

11. How imake looks for Imake.tmpl file ?.

12. Q: What's the difference between RedHat's and MetroLink's Metro-X?