opti931 sound card

Post by Carlos Martínez Alcal » Mon, 30 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Do somebody knows how to install an opti931 sound card on linux redhat 4.
I install it as a soundblaster or 100% compatible, and when i do:
#cat /dev/sndstat
the fields audio device and mixer are void.

opti931 sound card

Post by Jay T » Mon, 30 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Do somebody knows how to install an opti931 sound card on linux redhat 4.
> I install it as a soundblaster or 100% compatible, and when i do:
> #cat /dev/sndstat
> the fields audio device and mixer are void.

Many (most? all?) of the "Soundblaster compatible" cards really aren't.
You most likely need a driver that was written specifically for your
card.

4Front Technologies may have a driver, and their terms are reasonable.
They have a trial version of their product you can download and try
out.  Their website is at:

http://www.4front-tech.com

- Jay Ts
--
Click on http://www.kachina.net/~jay to find out about
Linux Consulting, Web Design and Programming Services.

To be o' not t'be, dat be de bottom line.  What it is, Mama!
        - output of 'fortune | jive'

1. Opti931 sound card in Kernel 2.2

Hi

Opti931 sound card is supported by 2.2, so say the kernel docs.( They have
devoted a readme file for it!)
I compiled the kernel 2.2.1 but it didnt work. If anyone has got it working
please guide me. Right now I use it with 2.0.36 and OSS sound drivers
Got the fundaes from David Rees' HOWTO.

However I have heard that 2.2 really makes this card Rock!! So I need to try
it out.

TIA,
Raj

2. what's in a linux boot disk?

3. OPTi931 sound card

4. EIDE Control card and 4 hard disks

5. Opti931 Sound card

6. Kernel documents

7. FINALLY!! OPTi931 sound card is working!! BUT...

8. XWindows and Epson ActionNote 650C - What video server?

9. sound card opti931

10. opti931 PnP Sound Card problems

11. Got OPTi931 PnP Sound Card working under Linux

12. Installing the OPTi931 PNP Sound Card

13. Sound card opti931 problem -- help!