Mouse problems

Post by James W. Swong » Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:00:00

 I now have slackware running on my notebook, real boot disks
all set, loadlin working. I even almost got X going today.
It took a bunch of fiddling, and I expect I went about
some things the wrong way.

 My remaining problem is the trackball pointer. I have tried all
of the options in 'setup', and the only one which does anything
at all is the PS/2 one. That one was the only one which made
the mouse move at all. Unfortunately, the movement was not
exactly correlated to ball movement; very abrupt, and fast
ball movements were interpreted as button clicks. The only
way I was able to leave X was Ctrl/Alt/Backspace. When I did this,
something else happened... now the mouse (/dev/mouse -> /dev/psaux)
does not respond to Linux anymore, returning 'device busy'. This
has persisted through reboot, power cycle, even reloading the /dev
hierarchy from diskette. Oops....

 Funny thing is, it's still fine under Windows.

 Anybody care to advise me how the device drivers work, how to restart
the mouse, maybe have a library of alternate mouse drivers?

 While we're wishing, how about X drivers for the C&T 65530 chip set?
SuperProbe sez it's SVGA although the notebook thinks it's only VGA.

#Irresponsible rantings of the author alone. Any resemblance to persons  #
#living or dead then yer bummin. May cause drowsiness. * may inten-#
#sify this effect. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Billy!#