usr Courier internal I everything modems

usr Courier internal I everything modems

Post by Jeff DeLon » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone got this modem to work in linux?
I have it in a win95 machine running proxy software and dial on demand,
so that my users can have internet access on the network. I would love
to dump 95 and let linux be my proxy server, but dont want to take the
95 machine down and have an angry mob ready to * me *lol* until I
know it has been done
Jeff

Post by Evan DiBias » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Has anyone got this modem to work in linux?
> I have it in a win95 machine running proxy software and dial on demand,
> so that my users can have internet access on the network. I would love
> to dump 95 and let linux be my proxy server, but dont want to take the
> 95 machine down and have an angry mob ready to * me *lol* until I
> know it has been done

I do believe I've heard of this being done. It's not a WinModem, is it?
If it is, there is no way it'll work in Linux, unforunately.

> Jeff

| Evan DiBiase     |    Love it. Learn it.    |

usr Courier internal I everything modems

Post by Richard Stein » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

spake unto us, saying:

Quote:>Has anyone got this modem to work in linux?

Unless 3Com has completely changed the way USR used to do things, a
Courier should work just fine in Linux.  My external worked just fine.

The Courier line was USR's high-end modem line; most modems from USR
which have caused problems historically are Sportsters.

--

       OS/2 + Linux (Slackware+RedHat+SuSE) + FreeBSD + Solaris +
        WinNT4 + Win95 + PC/GEOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven!