SIOCADDRT: network is unreachable

Post by Mark Vojkovi » Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:00:00

 "SIOCADDRT: network is unreachable"

   I get this message a bootup and I'm not sure why. eth0
IS detected fine.  The kernel gets the base address and
interrupt of my NE2000 correct.  The machine even responds
to netbios requests (they're being logged in the syslog).
  But TCP/IP doesn't seem to work.
I get "network is unreachable" errors using telnet and
ftp.  Anyone know what I'm overlooking?  I'm using kernel
2.0.28.

                Any help would be appreciated,

                Mark Vojkovich

Post by Nikita V. Youshchenk » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>  "SIOCADDRT: network is unreachable"

>    I get this message a bootup and I'm not sure why. eth0
> IS detected fine.  The kernel gets the base address and
> interrupt of my NE2000 correct.  The machine even responds
> to netbios requests (they're being logged in the syslog).
>   But TCP/IP doesn't seem to work.
> I get "network is unreachable" errors using telnet and
> ftp.  Anyone know what I'm overlooking?  I'm using kernel
> 2.0.28.

>                 Any help would be appreciated,

  Are you sure you run 'ifconfig' and 'route' with correct arguments
at startup?  Sheck your startup scripts.
  See Networking-HOWTO for more information.

1. SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

Can anyone tell me why I get this error message on startup when I didn't get
it yesterday? The SMC card is found ok and the memory and interupt correctly
reported but nonetheless Network unreachable. Any clues much appreciated.

--
Johannes Ambrose
Computer Systems Officer

2. Free Linux upgrade package

3. Automated Aix hardening

4. SIOCADDRT: Network Unreachable

5. Red Hat Linux 7.1

6. SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable?

7. TAKE THIS !

8. SIOCADDRT network unreachable!

9. SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable ????

10. Slackware install successfull, but get SIOCADDRT Network Unreachable error

11. "SIOCADDRT: Network unreachable" error from rc.inet1

12. SIOCADDRT: Network unreachable error