Spontaneous shutdown on a GW 9100 Laptop running Linux

Spontaneous shutdown on a GW 9100 Laptop running Linux

Post by Sunil P. Khatr » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Folks,

I have been using my laptop heavily lately (>18 hours a day). In the
last 2 days, it has spontaneously shut down 3 times. It is as if I had
powered down the machine via the power switch.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to ensure this does not happen?
I am afraid that one of these spontaneous shutdown may fry my hard
drive.

Here are my machine details:
Model  : Gateway 2000, Solo 9100
Memory : 108M
OS     : Linux 2.0.30
APM    : Installed.
Display: 1078x768 TFT

Any suggestions appreciated. Please reply to

or post to the newsgroup..

Thanks
Sunil P Khatri

1. Spontaneous shutdown on a GW 9100 Laptop running Linux

Folks,

I have been using my laptop heavily lately (>18 hours a day). In the
last 2 days, it has spontaneously shut down 3 times. It is as if I had
powered down the machine via the power switch.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to ensure this does not happen?
I am afraid that one of these spontaneous shutdown may fry my hard
drive.

Here are my machine details:
Model  : Gateway 2000, Solo 9100
Memory : 108M
OS     : Linux 2.0.30
APM    : Installed.
Display: 1078x768 TFT

Any suggestions appreciated. Please reply to

or post to the newsgroup..

Thanks
Sunil P Khatri

2. Solaris 2.6 and Sun IPC

3. newbie question on system dump

4. XF86Config for Gateway Solo 9100 laptop

5. Samba and NT4

6. Initio 9100 Driver for Linux

7. automount

8. Problems installing linux on a Gateway solo 9100

9. a couple of annoying problems installing linux on a gateway Solo 9100

10. HELP! Linux and Initio INI-9100 SCSI

11. Initio-9100 SCSI and Linux

12. Any problems installing Linux on Amptron 9100 motherboard?