lilo.conf needed for RedHat 4.0 boot diskette

lilo.conf needed for RedHat 4.0 boot diskette

Post by hvdko.. » Sun, 10 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I found out I could not use my SCSI disks as there seems to be no SCSI
disk support on the disk image when booting the RedHat 4.0 boot disk. I
think MD features prevent proper working of the SCSI disks as I had seen
before on Debian 1.1 as well.

This was fixed when someone in the Netherlands made me another kernel
without MD and with NCR support included.

But to get this kernel on the disk I have to restart LILO. Therefor a
lilo.conf would be handy. My current lilo.conf make the kernel boot but
wont let me start the RAMdisk. Given the fact that I loaded the diskette
on /mnt/floppy I made the following lilo.conf myself.

boot=/dev/fd0
map=/mnt/floppy/boot/map
install=/mnt/floppy/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=150
image=/mnt/floppy/vmlinuz
        label=linux
        root=/dev/fd0
        read-only

Could someone give me the proper lilo.conf file te recreate a proper boot
disk?

Thanks, Hugo.

1. Modifying lilo.conf on boot diskette

I am using a boot disk to start up linux.

Linux is only recognizing 64 m of ram.

I read that you need to add append="mem=128m" to lilo.conf in
order for linux to use all of your ram.

However since my lilo.conf is on my boot disk I have to edit it there,
but I cant.  The error I get is that it is a read only device.

And sometimes the data of the floppy can't be displayed at all.

Help

Thanks

Chris

2. VFS

3. Redhat 5.0 and LILO boot diskette

4. X11R6.1

5. lilo.conf and lilo.conf~

6. SB16&MODEM PROBS

7. lilo.conf ignored by lilo at boot time

8. sco group in uk ?

9. Recovery Diskette REDHAT 4.0

10. Problem making diskettes with Red Hat 4.0 boot.img and supp.img

11. lilo.conf for NT 4.0

12. Help with Boot diskette or LILO

13. Putting LILO on a boot diskette