Stange problem with HP DJ 895Cxi

Post by Fabio » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I installed that printer and I get a strange behaviour. That is, it works,
it prints fine, but after the end of the print the "on" led keep on
blinking, then it stops and the paper led lights on.
Then it is enough to switch it of manually and everything is ok (but this
is not nice...:-(
I stress that the paper _is_ out, there is no need of a SEND_EOF.
Moreover, if I give the SEND_EOF, the printer ejects a blank sheet of
paper and the it gets in the same situation.
For the settings:

ghostscript-fonts-6.0-1
ghostscript-6.01-1
rhs-printfilters-1.51-2
printtool-3.44-2

and the driver is cdj550 (as suggested by the aladdin compatibility
database). BTW, it is the only one which gives some output...

Can you help me?

Thanks

Fabio

Post by Michael O'Reill » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I installed that printer and I get a strange behaviour. That is, it works,
> it prints fine, but after the end of the print the "on" led keep on
> blinking, then it stops and the paper led lights on............

  There is a bug in the driver. My 895 is left with the orange (lower) led
flashing after printing. Pressing the button stops the flashing. It is
possible to continue printing even if the orange light remains on. There is an
updated driver available that cures this problem, but I haven't bothered to
get it yet. See the Swiss "Bonk" web site for further information.

Stange problem with HP DJ 895Cxi

Post by Fabio » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>  There is a bug in the driver. My 895 is left with the orange (lower) led
>flashing after printing. Pressing the button stops the flashing. It is
>possible to continue printing even if the orange light remains on.

This is exactly what I get. BTW, one strange thing is that when printing
from netscape the orange led doesn't flash. Maybe it depends even on the
kind of postscipt generated, don't you think? Also, the printer is shared
through samba to a w95 network and, again, when printing from a w95 client
it doesn't flash.

Quote:>There is an
>updated driver available that cures this problem, but I haven't bothered to
>get it yet. See the Swiss "Bonk" web site for further information.

Sorry, I don't realize what you mean with that. Moreover, to install that
driver, do I need to recompile ghostscript? I would avoid it, if
possible;-))

Anyway, thank you for the answer.

Bye

Fabio