RedHat 4.2 'rpm' whoo's

Post by Dan Sawye » Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

In an attempt to move from kernel 2.0.30 to 2.0.31 on RedHat  rpm as
ended up in a 'mixed' state. The master or control lib thinks the rpm is
installed, however the directory is backed up to 2.0.30. Attempts to
unload result in the massage ... not loaded. Attempts to load the rom
file result in the message ... loaded.

In this state rpm won't do anything. How can it be 'cleared' back to a
state where the source can again be laoded?

Thanks.

Dan

RedHat 4.2 'rpm' whoo's

Post by Dan Sawye » Mon, 17 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,

> In an attempt to move from kernel 2.0.30 to 2.0.31 on RedHat  rpm as
> ended up in a 'mixed' state. The master or control lib thinks the rpm is
> installed, however the directory is backed up to 2.0.30. Attempts to
> unload result in the massage ... not loaded. Attempts to load the rom
> file result in the message ... loaded.

> In this state rpm won't do anything. How can it be 'cleared' back to a
> state where the source can again be laoded?

> Thanks.

> Dan

  Update:

By using the control-panel 'scripts' it was possible to remove the rpm and
to coordinate the state between the rpm 'status' data and the actual files.

Is there an updated 'rpm'?

Thanks.

Dan

1. Can I do 'selective' RPM upgrades - from 3.0.3 to 4.2 ??

We have a 3.0.3 system which we desire to upgrade. But - we would like
to do this by 'parts'. That is, we cannot at this time perform a
completely new install of 4.2 (for several reasons). So, can we upgrade
the RPM package manager itself, and then proceed to upgrade select rpm
programs? If we can do this (even with caveats), it would be greatly to
our advantage at this time.

Big thanks for any advice!

Brett

2. fsck can't fix HD errors!

3. Redhat 4.2 Install Help - I'm dyin' here!!!

5. FreeBSD 4.2 won't boot - 'read error' on boot after install

6. INET 2001 Stockholm

7. Redhat 7.1 'eepro100' and 'e100' drivers won't see 10BaseT network

8. ATI Mach64 Multi_headed setup

9. Where's KDE RPM's for RedHat 5.0?

10. rpm: not found 'packages.rpm'

11. RPM doesn't create any RPM's

12. suse rpm's vs. RH rpm's

13. AIX 4.2, kanji fonts, and font 'k14'.