Netscape 3.0x and RealPlayer 5.0 Beta 2

Post by Zackary L Tippet » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Whenever I run Netscape 3.0x and I want to be able to get Java working,
I must use the Java fix script from blackdown.org.  They work great,
until recently.  I have upraded from RealAudio 3.0 to the RealPlayer 5.0
Beta 2 that comes with Red Hat 5.0, and this causes a problem with this
fix.  I know it is the fix because whenever I remove this, the problem
goes away.  The only bad thing is that, if I want Java (which I do!) I
need the fix script.  I also want RealPlayer, but as it seems, I can't
have both.  Is there another fix to this problem, or maybe this is just
a problem with the Beta version of RealPlayer (I hope!).  BTW, here is
the error I get from Netscape, and my fix script:

Java fix:
#!/bin/sh
export CLASSPATH="/usr/local/netscape/java/classes/java_301:."
export LD_PRELOAD="/lib/gnumalloc.so"

Error:
sh: error loading shared librarys
/lib/gnumalloc.so: undefined symbols: ___default___movecore___init

Thanks,

Zackary Tippett

1. RealPlayer for netscape 6.x or 7 beta?

Hi! RealPlayer 7 for Solaris Sparc can be downloaded at this page:

http://forms.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html

I've tried the copying the plugins from its default location:
cp -p /usr/local/RealPlayer8/rpnp.so ~/.netscape/plugins

Is there a RealPlayer plugin for the newer mozilla-based netscape? (6.x
or 7 beta)...

Thanks!

Georgie

2. Login Notification??

3. RealPlayer 5.0 wont work, Netscape 4.51, Slackware 4.0.0

4. Internal Robotics modem problem

5. RealPlayer 5.0 and Netscape 4.5

6. SICOS Colour Page Scanner

7. 2.4.6: Machine Check Exception: 0x 106BE0 (type 0x 9).

8. newbies help

9. RealPlayer beta 5.01

10. RealPlayer 7 beta

11. Realplayer 7.0 beta 2 problem

12. Linux realplayer G2 beta

13. RealPlayer 7 beta for Linux HOW TO INSTALL