Has anybody tried Gentus-Linux from Abit?

Has anybody tried Gentus-Linux from Abit?

Post by Elliot William » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 12:08:06

I did.  Gentus 6.1 (RedHat w/ a few mods) and Gentus 3.0.
They were ok, but not much more than RedHat.

I now use a Mandrake 7.1.  Works fine out of the box, and
there are patches on the web.  Search "abit linux" with Yahoo
or some such.

I use an unpatched 2.4.0-test2 kernel right now.  No problems.
I don't use the ATA66, but there is support for the HPT366 driver
in the kernel.  Don't know how well it works.

There is also an Abit BP6 mailing list.  Worth joining, perhaps.

--

                                                Elliot.

1. Has anybody tried Gentus-Linux from Abit?

Has anybody tried Gentus-Linux from Abit?

It's free from Abit motherboard. Said to have been optimized
for Linux in SMP mode, ATA66 supports, etc.
for the Abit BP6 SMP mobo.

http://www.gentus.com/about_gentus.html

Please cc to mydotcom7AT zdnetoneboxDOTcom if reply. My news
server sucks.

Thanks.

Alex Lam.
--
**Linux Rocks. FreeBSD Rules.
  http://www.li.org/ http://www.freebsd.org/

***Micro$oft says Unix is more secure.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q80/5/20.ASP

2. Ultra Sparc / Database Performance Question

3. Gentus distro for ABIT BP6

4. Your card...

5. Anybody having problems with alt.os.linux and FA?

6. symbolic links to nowhere

7. Anybody using FreeBSD 4.3 and ABit BP6 mobo?

8. Dynamic IP, PPP, and reconnect

9. sony vaio linux notebook -- anybody tried this?

10. Anybody tried Sony laptop w/Linux yet?

11. Anybody tried Linux on Athlon yet?

12. Has anybody tried Holon Linux?

13. AmbiCom Modem - Linux - anybody try it?