BitchX and Libncurses.so.3.4

Post by Michael Teff » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to install *X on my RedHat 5.2 system. I downloaded the
binaries but when I run *X I get a message saying it cannot find
libncurses.so.3.4. I have found libncurses.so.3.0 on my system. Where do
I obtain libncurses.so.3.4 ? I have looked on RedHats ftp site and a few
other sites with no luck. Thanks in advance.

BitchX and Libncurses.so.3.4

Post by T.E.Dicke » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I am trying to install *X on my RedHat 5.2 system. I downloaded the
> binaries but when I run *X I get a message saying it cannot find
> libncurses.so.3.4. I have found libncurses.so.3.0 on my system. Where do
> I obtain libncurses.so.3.4 ? I have looked on RedHats ftp site and a few
> other sites with no luck. Thanks in advance.

that was probably ncurses 1.9.9g

--
Thomas E.*ey

http://www.veryComputer.com/

BitchX and Libncurses.so.3.4

Post by Stewart Honsberg » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>I am trying to install *X on my RedHat 5.2 system. I downloaded the
>binaries but when I run *X I get a message saying it cannot find
>libncurses.so.3.4. I have found libncurses.so.3.0 on my system. Where do
>I obtain libncurses.so.3.4 ? I have looked on RedHats ftp site and a few
>other sites with no luck. Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem. My solution was to grab the source code and
compile it myself.

I'm pretty sure, though, that all it would take is a soft link created
in the name 'libncurses.so.3.4' to the 'libncurses.so.3.0' to make it work.

Of course, the source solution worked, so I'm sticking with it :>

--

Humming along under SuSE Linux 6.0 / OS/2 Warp 4

BitchX and Libncurses.so.3.4

Post by T.E.Dicke » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>>I am trying to install *X on my RedHat 5.2 system. I downloaded the
>>binaries but when I run *X I get a message saying it cannot find
>>libncurses.so.3.4. I have found libncurses.so.3.0 on my system. Where do
>>I obtain libncurses.so.3.4 ? I have looked on RedHats ftp site and a few
>>other sites with no luck. Thanks in advance.
> I had the same problem. My solution was to grab the source code and
> compile it myself.
> I'm pretty sure, though, that all it would take is a soft link created
> in the name 'libncurses.so.3.4' to the 'libncurses.so.3.0' to make it work.

It depends on what functions were used from ncurses - some prototypes
changed (e.g., from a float to an int for a parameter).

--
Thomas E.*ey

http://www.veryComputer.com/