How to up yp on linux?

Post by Jyh-Shyang Wa » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 02:37:00

Hi,
        I get yp-client for linux, and make over.
but then how should I do? the README seems not say this....
which  files I must to fix? how can I know my NIS domain?(I know my
IP domain, but the README say NIS domain sometime not IP domain)
and how should I execute ypbind?(what parameter I must add?)

thanx!

--

Chinese Name: Wang2 Jyh4-Shyang2
? ?m |W :   y    2?

How to up yp on linux?

Post by Mitchum DSou » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 18:54:54

Quote:Wang) writes:

|> Hi,
|>   I get yp-client for linux, and make over.
|> but then how should I do? the README seems not say this....
|> which  files I must to fix? how can I know my NIS domain?(I know my
|> IP domain, but the README say NIS domain sometime not IP domain)
|> and how should I execute ypbind?(what parameter I must add?)

Please read the NIS-HOWTO from sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTOS.
It should explain most things in reasonable detail. In my opinion I
suggest using the NYS code instead of ypbind which lets you chose your server
instead of doing a broadcast.

Please check out nic.funet.fi:/pub/OS/Linux/BETA/NYS/new-libc-nys.tar.gz

Mitch

How to up yp on linux?

Post by Swen Thuemml » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 20:33:54

>Please read the NIS-HOWTO from sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTOS.
>It should explain most things in reasonable detail. In my opinion I
>suggest using the NYS code instead of ypbind which lets you chose your server
>instead of doing a broadcast.

Might I humbly point out, that the newest ypbind (from
yp-clients.tar.gz) is able to get the server from a configuration
file. No need to broadcast.

Greetings, Swen
   Swen Thmmler                 |   Telefon : +49 5251 602656
   University of Paderborn FB 17 |   Telefax : +49 5251 603853

   D-33095 Paderborn             |   Raum    : D3.310
   Germany                       |

How to up yp on linux?

Post by Mitchum DSou » Mon, 29 Aug 1994 01:40:08

|> >Please read the NIS-HOWTO from sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTOS.
|> >It should explain most things in reasonable detail. In my opinion I
|> >suggest using the NYS code instead of ypbind which lets you chose your
|> server
|> >instead of doing a broadcast.
|>
|> Might I humbly point out, that the newest ypbind (from
|> yp-clients.tar.gz) is able to get the server from a configuration
|> file. No need to broadcast.

Thanx very much for the correction Swen. I will add this info to the NIS-HOWTO.

Mitch