Promise IDE Supported Yet? 3rd/4th HD?

Post by Yazz Atl » Sun, 20 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have a Promise Technology Enhanced IDE controller
and 1.2.1 kernal.  I know this kernal does not
support the controller but is one ready yet?

The model of the controller I have is
EDI4030plus

Please reply by e-mail this was a long distance call
and school doesn't start for me till Sep 20

Thanks
Yazz Atlas

Post by Harmon F Seav » Thu, 24 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: I have a Promise Technology Enhanced IDE controller
: and 1.2.1 kernal.  I know this kernal does not
: support the controller but is one ready yet?

: The model of the controller I have is
: EDI4030plus

     Please post answer too, thanx.

--
Harmon Seaver

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!

1. Support for the 3Rd and 4Th IDE ports

Is there anyone out there with an updated ide.c (and possibly idecd.c)
that is patched to support the 3rd and 4th IDE ports on kernel 1.2.8?
I've glanced at the source and think the patch is not to difficult, but
would hate to spend a day or two re-inventing the wheel. ;-)

If you need the above patch, I'll be glad to forward it to you when I get

As long as I'm posting, two more unrelated questions: Does anyone know of
a cheap source for 8MB EDO SIMMS?  Where can I find last weeks posts from
the linux.dev.kernel newsgroup?

WWW:http://miso.wwa.com/~bfreeman

2. Java-plugin botched

3. RH 5.1 and Maxtor 17GB IDE w/o BIOS support on MB as 3rd HD

4. Kornshell on Linux

5. 3rd and 4th IDE drive with Linux

6. How to make context-diff file

7. 3rd and 4th IDE Drives?

8. Help with YACC

9. Installing 4 IDE HDs in 1 PC (linux in the 3rd and 4th) Is this possible????

10. Trouble with 3rd and 4th IDE drives on Acer PCI motherboard

11. 3rd (and 4th?) IDE?

12. Perms on DOS partitions (was: 3rd and 4th IDE drive with Linux)

13. 3rd (and 4th?) IDE?