Question: How to get 50 lines on console

Question: How to get 50 lines on console

Post by Morten Lyn » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
How do you get the console to display the terminal windows in the
con80x50 mode. I've set the vga option in LILO to ext, and tried a
lot of other things but the screen stays in 80x25 characters?
Please reply by Email.

Thanx

Morten Lynge

Question: How to get 50 lines on console

Post by Mogens Belto » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

In /etc/lilo.conf (I guess) you have to change the setting
'vga = normal' to 'vga = ask' and then again when you've
found the setting you like, change 'ask' to the number
you've chosen.

Mogens Beltoft