Does the RH 5.1 Bash shell support array variables?

Does the RH 5.1 Bash shell support array variables?

Post by Tom » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does the Bash shell support array variables in a similar way to ksh ?

This is the first time I've had to code on a Linux system and on the whole
I'm quite impressed, but a couple of scripts that I've used for years don't
seem to work.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Post by John Hasle » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:Tom writes:
> Does the Bash shell support array variables in a similar way to ksh ?

Why not just install and use pdksh?
--
John Hasler

Dancing Horse Hill
Elmwood, Wisconsin

Post by Chet Ram » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Tom writes:
>> Does the Bash shell support array variables in a similar way to ksh ?

>Why not just install and use pdksh?

If you're going to install something new, why not install bash-2.03,
which has array support?
( ``Discere est Dolere'' -- chet)

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. Portmap - Getports question

3. Setting variables in a variable array of null variables

4. aargh! newsgroups descriptions file deleted!

5. Bash Version 2.02.0(1) for RH Linux 5.1

6. REGEXP for valid DOS names ???

7. Access DOS filesystem from RH 5.1 - how?

8. mounting extended MSDOS-fs

9. Anyone doing NAT with RH 5.1?

10. bash: variable indirection and arrays.

11. bash: returning a variable AND an array from a function.

12. Variables & Arrays BASH 2.0

13. On-board sound supported by RH 5.1?