IBM Aptiva with MWAVE ans Suse

Post by FVL » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I use a IBM Aptiva with a mwave soundcard/modem with Suse 6.0. Can someone
tell me how to configurate the card?

Post by Bryan Wood » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> I use a IBM Aptiva with a mwave soundcard/modem with Suse 6.0. Can someone
> tell me how to configurate the card?

I have a thinkpad with an mwave soundcard/modem. The modem is a
winmodem, so you won't be able to get that working (go out and buy
another if you must). You CAN get the sound card running though.

First, grab loadlin. You'll be booting Linux from DOS/WIN. Now, Install
the DOS drivers (if you don't have them get them from IBM's site). Now,
boot Linux. THis is what I do on my laptop. In fact, it's the only
reason I have DOS (OpenDOS) installed.

Hope that helped. Search comp.os.linux.portables for more info on mwave
devices.
--

1. How to Dialup using IBM Aptiva MWAVE card ?

Can someone tell me how to dialup using IBM Aptiva MWAVE card?
Looks like Linux has difficult to use the modem in it.  It just
keep dialing and has no error message.  I am using

        seyon -modem /dev/modem &

I also tried minicom and got same result.  It works fine with Win95.

Wen Hu

2. entries vanishing from passwd

3. Mwave modem and IBM Aptiva

4. Exabyte density problems

5. Anyone install Linux on IBM Aptiva Pentium 100 with Mwave chip?

6. printf and sprintf bug in Solaris 2.3?

7. IBM Aptiva Mwave Modem

8. NOHUP problem?

9. IBM Aptiva MWAVE modem

10. IBM Aptiva: Mwave modem/soundcard using with Linux.

11. Linix on IBM Aptiva with MWave sound card/modem

12. IBM Aptiva M71, Mwave card, recognition problems

13. Linux on Aptiva 78 with MWave card