COMMERCIAL: Linux Kernel CD Released

Post by Charles Blackbu » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999 17:29:26 GMT, Steven G. blurted:
Quote:>This CD contains the code, documentation and other tools useful for
>Linux Kernel
>development. Both stable and unstable kernels from version 0.01 to
>2.2.13. Full source code and documentation.

I thought they were on the 2.3.28+ kernels now?

Quote:>Many other small operating system kernels as examples and for
>exposition.  The CD contains more than 600 megabytes of files.

Not much more than 600 :) std. CD hold 650 Meg at a push :)

--
Charles Blackburn
Summerfield Technology Limited - Official SuSE Reseller

WWW: http://www.summerfieldtechnology.co.uk

Post by Lew Pitch » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>On Sat, 4 Dec 1999 17:29:26 GMT, Steven G. blurted:
>>This CD contains the code, documentation and other tools useful for
>>Linux Kernel
>>development. Both stable and unstable kernels from version 0.01 to
>>2.2.13. Full source code and documentation.
>I thought they were on the 2.3.28+ kernels now?

>>Many other small operating system kernels as examples and for
>>exposition.  The CD contains more than 600 megabytes of files.
>Not much more than 600 :) std. CD hold 650 Meg at a push :)

I suppose they could get more than 650 Meg if they used file compression ;-)
Source code should compress well, as should documentation.

Lew Pitcher
System Consultant
Toronto Dominion Financial Group

COMMERCIAL: Linux Kernel CD Released

Post by Charles Blackbu » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>>Not much more than 600 :) std. CD hold 650 Meg at a push :)
>I suppose they could get more than 650 Meg if they used file compression ;-)
>Source code should compress well, as should documentation.

Yes, that's true of course, but still only 650 Meg :-))