How to increase font size of nxterm?

Post by Bas de Witt » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am new to Linux and am looking for a way to increase the font size used
by nxterm under AfterStep under Linux 5.2.

The 'xterminal' option in the LMB menu gives me a window which is
unreadable on my 14" screen. I do not want to reduce the resolution
because I have too little space on the desktop as it is (and I would not
know how to change it). 'man xterm' gives me lots of fontoptions but I
have no clue which one to use.

Thanks for a hint or solution,
Baz

Post by Martin Beie » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I am new to Linux and am looking for a way to increase the font size used
> by nxterm under AfterStep under Linux 5.2.

> The 'xterminal' option in the LMB menu gives me a window which is
> unreadable on my 14" screen. I do not want to reduce the resolution
> because I have too little space on the desktop as it is (and I would not
> know how to change it). 'man xterm' gives me lots of fontoptions but I
> have no clue which one to use.

 Try <ctrl>+<right mouse button> on the appropraite xterm to obtain a
standard
menu, or enter xterm -fn <fontname> on a shell, where <fontnames> can be
listed with th xlsfonts command.

--
Ok, maddel!
-----------------

PGP key fingerprint = 4A E3 3B 9C E5 B9 E2 E4  DA 01 67 43 20 96 B9 1D

1. increase font size in xterm

Hi.

Anyone knows how to increase the font size of an xterm?  I run X in
1024x768 in a 15" monitor, and sometimes it's really hard to be reading
news, for example, for a long time in an xterm.

If window manager type matters, I am running Windowmaker 0.16.1 under
X11 3.3.2

Thanks for your help. :-)

--
Julio C. Gutierrez                    ** Another computer Powered by Linux **
--

2. PNP IDE Interface - Third???

3. kmail increase font size

4. ATI Radeon: Module installation

5. novice question - increasing font size in Netscape

6. Formfeeding prints.

7. Linux & Netscape: Cannot increase or decrease font size

8. Intel Smart Video Recorder and bttv and xtvscreen

9. Increase/Decrease font size under Netscape 4.0x

10. How to increase size of normal Emacs/xterm font?

11. increasing font size in netscape-7.0

12. Why throughput increases as MTU size is increased

13. /var is size 100% how to increase the Size