Lost task bar at bottom of Gnome desktop

Lost task bar at bottom of Gnome desktop

Post by Will Cardwel » Mon, 07 May 2001 09:15:42

I have RH 7 with Gnome. I clicked something that removed the Netscape icon
button and all of the task bars at the bottom of the screen. It even warned
me before I said OK but I didn't understand it would take this action and
for some reason I thought it was what I needed at the time to fix something
else...
Can I get it back like it was?  Possibly I  need to reinstall Gnome?...If so
can anyone point me in the right direction?

 I need Netscape especially, and I don't know how to launch it without the
desktop button. Thanks.

Post by Wayne Osbor » Mon, 07 May 2001 16:49:38

> I have RH 7 with Gnome. I clicked something that removed the Netscape
> icon button and all of the task bars at the bottom of the screen. It
> even warned me before I said OK but I didn't understand it would take
> this action and for some reason I thought it was what I needed at the
> time to fix something else...
> Can I get it back like it was?  Possibly I  need to reinstall
> Gnome?...If so can anyone point me in the right direction?

>  I need Netscape especially, and I don't know how to launch it without
>  the
> desktop button. Thanks.

If your panel has gone you can bring it back by opening a terminal and
typing "panel".

To create a shortcut to Netscape, open the menu with Netscape on it, and
drag the Netscape icon to the panel.

--
  Wayne A. Osborn, SCADA Engineer.[dnar AT iinet DOT net DOT au]
  Registered Linux User #212818.  [2.2.16-22-Win4Lin-686] [i686]

Lost task bar at bottom of Gnome desktop

Post by Will Cardwel » Tue, 08 May 2001 10:27:31

Wayne, this was exactly what I needed! I have recovered what I need and
learned about panels from your good reply.
Thank you so much!

Post by Wayne Osbor » Tue, 08 May 2001 17:08:52

> Wayne, this was exactly what I needed! I have recovered what I need and
> learned about panels from your good reply. Thank you so much!

That's great to hear, keep learning!

--
  Wayne A. Osborn, SCADA Engineer.[dnar AT iinet DOT net DOT au]
  Registered Linux User #212818.  [2.2.16-22-Win4Lin-686] [i686]
  4:00pm  up 17:51,  1 user,  load average: 1.49, 1.24, 1.58
  ..."If that makes any sense to you, you have a big problem."
                -- C. Durance, Computer Science 234

1. Hiding the bottom task bar in TheNextStep

Is it possible to hide the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen in
TheNextStep, RH 4.2?  Similar to how it's done in Win95 (only when you
move your mouse down there does it get displayed).  How is this done?

Rod

--

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/brick
--

2. Yes, I am stupid (sometimes)

3. Q:How to get rid of task bar on bottom?

4. I can't use backspace with Netscape

5. Lost my task bar

6. Can you use a keyboard with a trackball built in?

7. Lost windows icones in task bar

8. MULTIPLE DOMAIN NAMES single IP ??

9. Gnome + Task bar + Short cuts...

10. Removing Items off of the Gnome task bar

11. Gnome Task Bar

12. GNOME TASK BAR

13. gnome task bar