Apache and mod-ssl

Post by Steven de Boe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have configured apache with mod-ssl and php4 on RedHat 6.1. My problem is
that I have apache running with ssl and I want to restart. When I try this,
apache stops and all processes are gone. When I run apache without ssl, a
restart works fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanx

Apache and mod-ssl

Post by Villy Kru » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>I have configured apache with mod-ssl and php4 on RedHat 6.1. My problem is
>that I have apache running with ssl and I want to restart. When I try this,
>apache stops and all processes are gone. When I run apache without ssl, a
>restart works fine.

>Does anyone know how to fix this?

The mod-ssl documentation explains different methods on how to enter
the passphrase for the private key required for the SSL certificate.

Villy

Apache and mod-ssl

Post by Steven de Boe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> >I have configured apache with mod-ssl and php4 on RedHat 6.1. My problem
is
> >that I have apache running with ssl and I want to restart. When I try
this,
> >apache stops and all processes are gone. When I run apache without ssl, a
> >restart works fine.

> >Does anyone know how to fix this?

> The mod-ssl documentation explains different methods on how to enter
> the passphrase for the private key required for the SSL certificate.

I don't use any private key. I already put that off

1. Apache-ssl or mod-ssl?

Hello there!

I'm trying to host ssl site on my apache httpd, now the big question
is .. should I use apache-ssl or mod-ssl?

what is better for security? and why apache has got two derivatives
.... ? is that apache-ssl for a complete replacemant of apache httpd?
or the mod-ssl can be used with any apache 1.3 httpd? Who provides the
128 bit encription?

I went to both ... apache-ssl.org and modssl.org .... it's really
confusing :(

Any ideas?

TIA

Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh

2. Dynamic DNS on Linux?

3. Replacing SSL Certficates in Apache mod-ssl

4. ttttttttt

5. Apache-SSL or mod-SSL?

6. No more PTY's for screen 3.09.08

7. Apache1.3.3 + Apache-SSL mod + fp-apache mod

8. (Q) Tape Drive and so on...

9. SSl/mod-ssl person wanted

10. weird error message | Apache 1.3.22 with mod-ssl

11. How do you make a certificate for apache mod-ssl?

12. Apache, mod-ssl and PHP installation tutorial

13. Apache + mod-ssl + PHP or Perl script