Mounting Linux (ext2fs) partition under Win95

Mounting Linux (ext2fs) partition under Win95

Post by Martijn Biewen » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can mount any Linux (ext2fs) partitions under Windows 95? (I'm told there's some extfs.dll for Win95, but I can't find it).

Martijn Biewenga

Post by Patrik Radm » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,

> Does anyone know how I can mount any Linux (ext2fs) partitions under Windows 95? (I'm told there's some extfs.dll for Win95, but I can't find it).

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/filesystems/ext2/ext2tool_1_1.zip

It doesn't mount, but it's the best available AFAIK.

          .
 [Patrik Radman]                        Computer Science student,

 WWW    : http://www.abo.fi/~pradman/   Voice  : +358-(0)50-563 1602
 IRC    : PatrikR                       "1 = 2 , for large values of 1."

1. Mounting ext2fs partitions in an extended partition

I'm a Linux user just getting to grips with FreeBSD. Whilst I know I
can mount my ext2fs partitions under FreeBSD, I have heard that this
isn't possible when they're located inside a DOS extended
partition. Is this true? Knowing this will save me from spending time
trying to get something to work that just isn't going to.

Going the other way, I was disappointed to discover that UFS support
in Linux is broken. I picked up the alternative alpha u2fs package and
tried to compile that into in my kernel tree, but the compile bombed
out. I think it needs to be modified for my glibc based Linux. Sigh...

In short, I can't mount in either direction at the moment, whilst I'd
hoped for a healthy interaction between the two. They're both on the
same machine, BTW, so NFS isn't an option.

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald                         |       Don't give in to spammers.
http://www.caliban.org/               |      Use your real e-mail address

2. Loadable Module Programming (PLEASE HELP)

3. 2.2.6 crashes with ext2fs-partition mounted

4. USA-CA-LA JOB OPPORTUNITIES (Real Ones!!)

5. Mounting ext2fs partition fails

6. Linux Boot Disk hangs system

7. Mounting ext2fs extended partitions in Solaris

8. SparcStation 5 or X-terminal

9. Mounting Ext2fs-formatted partitions in 2.2.5-r

10. Mount ext2fs partition

11. FreeBSD can't sync disks with ext2fs partition mounted.

12. Mounting ext2fs partitions with FreeBSD-current

13. mounting win95 part from linux partition