Linux Doc. Project-- How does one contribute?

Linux Doc. Project-- How does one contribute?

Post by Bill Unr » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have a document that a number of people have found helpful in setting
up ppp on their machines. (axion.physic.subc.ca/ppp-linux.html). I
wanted to contribute it to the LDP (Linux Documentation Project) as a
mini-HOWTO.
However, I have now tried emailing the coordinator three times, and have
gotten no reply whatsoever.

What procedure should I be following?
Thanks.

Post by Grant Taylo » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I have a document that a number of people have found helpful in
> setting up ppp on their
> machines. (axion.physic.subc.ca/ppp-linux.html). I wanted to
> contribute it to the LDP (Linux Documentation Project) as a
> mini-HOWTO.

Excellent!

> However, I have now tried emailing the coordinator three times, and

Yes, this is not unexpected.  Tim has been very busy with other things
lately, and the LDP coordination has suffered a little as a result.
We are working on process changes to prevent this sort of problem in
the future.

In particular, there are probably dozens of HOWTO versions queued up
in Tim's mailbox; Lars is working on an automated update mechanism to
fix this occasional problem.

Quote:> What procedure should I be following?

You've followed the only procedure there is for getting something
added to the LDP stuff at metalab.  Tim will eventually get back to
you, but he appears to be a month or so behind right now.

The other useful alternative would be to have it absorbed as a chapter
of the PPP howto, or referenced therein.  I've read the PPP HOWTO
recently, and it's perhaps a bit dated; I'd have expected linuxconf or
some other sort of quasi-automatic tool to be in wide use by now...

--

 Cellphone information: http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/cell/
 Libretto information:  http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/

1. Converting linked HTML docs to one doc - how?

Hi :=)

As some know several online help documents are in HTML. But printing
them is rather difficult - Now - does any know if there is a application
that is able to bring a lot of HTML docs together as one and maybe
create a new index.

The preffered output would be Word or WordPerfect maybe even PS.

Sincerely
Tomas Jensen

2. UX and LX confusion

3. Linux Doc Project - How to?

4. multiple scsi controllers?

5. Dos/os2/Linux and 2 hd's one 850, and one 425

6. text file search across lines

7. Question regarding fonts in linux-doc-project-user's guide

8. Changing priority of a process - AAAARGHHH

9. Linux Doc Project WWW pages available for FTP mirror

10. Linux Doc Project

11. Linux Doc Project `Manifesto'

12. Am I the first one to try the assembler example from the Sun docs ?

13. translate from MS Word doc (.doc) to Portable doc (.pdf) with Solaris 5.6