mail client for windows with enhanced features running on a linux mail server?

mail client for windows with enhanced features running on a linux mail server?

Post by joni9.. » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

hi,

i'm trying to find a mail - client connected to a linux mail server,
who supports following features:
-more than one email adress (as from) to be sent.
-reading retrieved faxes,
-sending internally in the network for doing remarks for other readers
(later send after viewing)
-more email accounts (for each person one, but can be read by
the "bosses" email client too)
-

Does someone have expierence with this? need assistance, hot tip

live long and prosper!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Bob Hau » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>-more than one email adress (as from) to be sent.

This is unclear.  I don't know of any mail client that allows more than
one "from" address.  A mail can only come from one sender after all. OTOH,
I don't know of any that don't allow multiple recipients.  Normally you
just list them separated by commas.

Quote:>-reading retrieved faxes,

Is there some reason this has to be part of the mail program?  Most mail
clients allow external handlers for mime types, so you could attach the
fax with an appropriate mime type and then set up the mailer to launch a
veiwer for the attachment (e.g. kfax).

Quote:>-sending internally in the network for doing remarks for other readers
>(later send after viewing)

Sounds like a newsgroup or mailing list application.  Look at INN for
news, Majordomo for mailing lists.

Quote:>-more email accounts (for each person one, but can be read by
>the "bosses" email client too)

You could set this up on the server by forwarding a copy to a common
mailbox.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| Wasatch Communications Group

Post by Paul Blac » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> >-more than one email adress (as from) to be sent.

> This is unclear.  I don't know of any mail client that allows more than
> one "from" address.

Outlook and Pine do. It's useful if you perform a number of "roles", e.g.
normal work account, various support accounts etc.

Paul

mail client for windows with enhanced features running on a linux mail server?

Post by joni9.. » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

hi,

thank you for your replies.
well, I don't know outlook. But what I was looking for matches more an
linux mail server, working together with ms outlook for example. So its
possibel to route mails first into the mailbox of the 'boss'. He
critisizes it, send it back until he gives his ok. More eloquent would
be a program reading and saving mails as files directly into directory
structure ...

joni)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

mail client for windows with enhanced features running on a linux mail server?

Post by joni9.. » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

hi,

another solution would be a a self made cgi web mail client - just an
idea ...

joni)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Secure transport between mail server and pop client (via another mail server)

Let's take a look at this scenario:

I have two mail accounts, one on academic Unix server A and second
at my office - Unix server B. And there is also Win95/NT PC on my desk.
Practicaly I use Internet only from my PC. There is proxy gateway for
http and ftp outbound connections. No pops, telnets and other services
outside the office. You know - security.
And, let's assume, all inbound mail is CCopied to my boss.

And where is the problem?
I want to have all my private mail (sent to my academic account)
on my desk - Internet Mail, Pegasus or sth like that.

Forwarding mail from one account to the other does not provide security.
My office Unix server is "untrusted", so all forwarded mail should
arrive encoded. And decoding should be done by my pop3 client, just on
my desk.

So, some procmail action should be taken at Server A to encode (by pgp?)
and forward mail. And some automatical decoding at my desk.

Any help?
Any URL, sample conf and tips?

Regards
tko

2. newbie question

3. win95 client gets mail through linux machine from netware 3.xx mail server, POSSIBLE ?

4. TVGA8900C setting for 800x600 - need 1024x768

5. What client mail protocol leaves mail on server

6. how to make gpm run under X

7. Full-featured, reliable POP-mail client for Linux?

8. Problem with NFS mounting problems

9. What mail clients can mail directly to a smtp server

10. mail client can access HTTP mail server

11. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

12. How to receive Internet mail from Win95 client via mail server on Redhat 4.2

13. sendmail mail server does not accept sending mail from remote clients