KDE: starting job on specific desktop

Post by (Wm. Randolph Franklin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

In KDE, is there a way to start a new job's window on a specific
desktop?   I like to say something like

           xterm -desktop 2 &

tho that actual option fails.   I've searched all the docs I can
think of, w/o success.  Thanks.

----

Post by Andrew Puruggan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

[ In KDE, is there a way to start a new job's window on a specific
[ desktop?   I like to say something like

[          xterm -desktop 2 &

[ tho that actual option fails.   I've searched all the docs I can
[ think of, w/o success.  Thanks.

until u get a better answer, why not play with .xdefaults in your home
(see if specifying the geometry parameter works, i believe it does
regardless of window manager.)

--
jazz
Registered linux user no. 164098  +--+--+--+ Litestep user no. 386

1. KDE: starting job on specific desktop

In KDE, is there a way to start a new job's window on a specific
desktop?   I like to say something like

           xterm -desktop 2 &

tho that actual option fails.   I've searched all the docs I can
think of, w/o success.  Thanks.

I tried the suggestion to use geom like this:

  xeyes -geom +2000+0

to see if that forces xeyes to a specific desktop.  However, it
does not, at least with kwm.

Thanks.

----

2. How do your renice a job

3. Starting kappls on specific virtual desktop?

4. internet telephone thru an ip_masqueraded box

5. How to start appl in specific desktop

6. Can Sun Survive?

7. Start an app on a specific virtual desktop?

8. YDL 1.2 Sound?

9. auto starting apps on specific virtual desktops

10. Cannot Start KDE desktop PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

11. Open an xterm at kde start up in desktop N°3

12. Changing the default kde directory Desktop to .Desktop

13. How can I change from GNOME desktop environment to KDE desktop env?