moving Linux, as a whole, from one HD to a new one

moving Linux, as a whole, from one HD to a new one

Post by Randall H. Hal » Tue, 08 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I currently have one hard drive that is partitioned into DOS &
Linux.  However, I am outgrowing it and would like to purchase
a new drive.  I'm not sure how I want to split it all up (the
two drives) or even how I can.

Possibly, I would like to move Linux to the new drive and open
up the old Linux partition to DOS (again).  Is this easibly
accomplishable?  That is, can I move all of Linux from one
drive to another?  Also, how easy is to move from HD to HD in
Linux?  Is it as easy as the C:, D:, &c. business in DOS or
is it more subtle?

Your replies would be kind.
--
Randall H. Haley
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt8382b

1. how to move linux from one HD to another HD?

Hello

My aim is to reconfigure my hardware without reinstalling the software. My
problem is, that I'm not well-experienced in moving any unix-related OS
from one harddisk to a different one. I think it's quite complicated
because of its tree-like file structure.
If I'm wrong and the whole thing is so simple, please give me a hint!

thanx a lot

Patrick

2. logging of ipchains

3. how to move linux from one hd to another

4. Mothra, Mon! Firewall script troubleshooting (long)

5. Dos/os2/Linux and 2 hd's one 850, and one 425

6. help with pty's

7. moving linux from one hd to another

8. sorry boot -s works

9. Moving Linux from one HD to other

10. Moving my running X app from one server to one other?

11. How to move one Linux system to new hardware?

12. Moving from one HD to another...

13. Move OpenBSD from one hd to another (different size)