Program to generate the Makefile?

Post by David Z. Maz » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

SN> I know the imake and configure can be used to generate Makefile.
SN> Is there any other choice?

Well, you can also use automake/autoconf.  IMHO automake is much
easier to use than imake.  The downside is that you also get autoconf,
which I unfortunately seem to have acquired zen for.  *sigh*

You also can (and should) bite the bullet and just learn how Make
works.  It's not that difficult, and you can create a simple makefile
fairly quickly once you start to understand what's going on.

--

"Hey, Doug, do you mind if I push the Emergency Booth Self-Destruct Button?"
"Oh, sure, Dave, whatever...you _do_ know what that does, right?"

Post by David M. Co » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>I know the imake and configure can be used to generate Makefile.
>Is there any other choice?

See

ftp://ftp.troll.no/freebies/tmake/
http://www.fortran.com/fortran/makemake.html
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/devel/make

Dave Cook