??? kernel: vs-7050: new entry is found, new inode == 0

??? kernel: vs-7050: new entry is found, new inode == 0

Post by W Randolph Frankli » Thu, 01 May 2003 03:33:18

What does that error message mean?  I'm running SuSE 8.0
2.4.18-4GB.  The message occurs when I'm using rsync to backup
files from an ext3 partition to a reiser partition on another
disk.

I should say "to a former reiser partition" since reiserfsck says:

   reiserfsck 3.x.1b (2002)
   Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /hard-disk-copy
   Will put log info to 'stdout'

   Do you want to run this program?[N/Yes] (note need to type Yes):Yes
   reiserfs_open: bread failed reading block 2
   reiserfs_open: bread failed reading block 16
   reiserfs_open: neither new nor old reiserfs format found on /hard-disk-copy

   reiserfsck: could not open filesystem on "/hard-disk-copy"

I've never had an ext3 partition completely vanish.  Is reiser
less robust?

Thanks.

1. ??? kernel: vs-7050: new entry is found, new inode == 0

What does that error message mean?  I'm running SuSE 8.0
2.4.18-4GB.  The message occurs when I'm using rsync to backup
files from an ext3 partition to a reiser partition on another
disk.

I should say "to a former reiser partition" since reiserfsck says:

   reiserfsck 3.x.1b (2002)
   Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /hard-disk-copy
   Will put log info to 'stdout'

   Do you want to run this program?[N/Yes] (note need to type Yes):Yes
   reiserfs_open: bread failed reading block 2
   reiserfs_open: bread failed reading block 16
   reiserfs_open: neither new nor old reiserfs format found on /hard-disk-copy

   reiserfsck: could not open filesystem on "/hard-disk-copy"

I've never had an ext3 partition completely vanish.  Is reiser
less robust?

Thanks.  This is a 2nd attempt at asking this question.

2. 4.2.0 + r128+ 3D accel + gtk scroll = freeze

3. SLIP/PPP -->new kernel-->new compiler-->new make

4. AccelX3.1, DPMS, XAutolock

5. Help to boot new kernel with grub -delited the old kernel before tried the new one

6. How to setup Sound Blaster under Linux

7. Sanyo SCP 7050 Cellular Phone

8. KDM says login failed, GDM works

9. Wireless WPA config of Belkin 7050 USB at boot time in ifcfg

10. Sound support on HP 7050

11. How to increase the kernel vs user memory when building a new kernel

12. New kernel can't find find any files

13. I am the new lieutenant kernel