How to merge several mpeg movies

Post by Ole B Christens » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:04:52

Dear all,

I am looking for a tool to merge several mpeg movies into one. Any
help? I have 3 movies of the same size relating to 3 consecutive
periods. Due to limited computing ressources I had to create 3 instead
of one big mpeg files, but I really just want one.

Greetings, Ole

How to merge several mpeg movies

Post by Andy » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:33:10

Quote:> Dear all,

> I am looking for a tool to merge several mpeg movies into one. Any
> help? I have 3 movies of the same size relating to 3 consecutive
> periods. Due to limited computing ressources I had to create 3 instead
> of one big mpeg files, but I really just want one.

cat movie1.mpg movie2.mpg movie3.mpg >movie4.mpg

That should work.

Andy

How to merge several mpeg movies

Post by Ole B Christens » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:19:35

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately this is not sufficient, at
least not with gtv and plaympeg. E.g. with "gtv movie4.mpg" it
correctly dimensions the "bar" to the total of 10800 frames (relating
the frame number and percentage displayed) and correctly plays the
part corresponding to movie1.mpg. But then the display freezes at the
last frame of movie1, while gtv claims to be playing on... Somewhere
in the movie1.mpg and hence in movie4.mpg the number of frames =3600
must be stored and read by gtv as the total.

Greetings, Ole

Quote:

> cat movie1.mpg movie2.mpg movie3.mpg >movie4.mpg

> That should work.

> Andy

1. Movies, movies, movies!!!

Spring/Summer 2003 is going to DA BOMB for action/adventure baby!

The Matrix Reloaded
Terminator 3
X-2
The Hulk
Bulletproof Monk
LOTR - The Return of the King

--
rapskat -  23:03:04 up 1 day, 35 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.56, 0.37
Gentoo Base System version 1.4.2.8 kernel 2.5.65 on a Pentium III (Coppermine)

2. ELF question

3. mpeg movie capturing

4. Bridge module

5. How to combine audio with MPEG movies?

6. looking for OpenLook library

7. MPEG Movie Viewer

8. Help Setting up Winbond Network Card

9. looking for ftp site for mpeg movies with sound

10. mpeg movies are fubar, avi plays fine....

11. MPEG movies under LinuxPPC

12. noatun not playing mpeg movies

13. Converting my home movies to MPEG?