USENIX 1997 Technical Conference - Hotel Discount Deadline 12/20

USENIX 1997 Technical Conference - Hotel Discount Deadline 12/20

Post by Dan and Joanne Tuck » Thu, 19 Dec 1996 04:00:00

:
: USENIX 1997 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE
: January 6-10, 1997, Anaheim, California

Why isn't there ever anything like this in Chicago???????????????

BC

Post by Rich McClella » Thu, 19 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> :
> : USENIX 1997 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE
> : January 6-10, 1997, Anaheim, California

> Why isn't there ever anything like this in Chicago???????????????

> BC

First, it is USELINUX  :-)  Second, who would go to Chicago in
January???  Most national conferences are set up so that the winter
meetings are on the west coast and the summer/spring conferences are in
the midwest/east coast.

--

Rich McClellan

Post by Pat Whitne » Fri, 20 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> :
> : USENIX 1997 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE
> : January 6-10, 1997, Anaheim, California

> Why isn't there ever anything like this in Chicago???????????????

> BC

USENIX sponsors a group, LISA (Large Installation Systems
Administration.  They held their 10th conference 29 September thru 4
October, 1996 at the Chicago Marriott Hotel.

The conference does not have a vendor dislay at the scale of the
Technical conference or UNIFORUM, but it has grown in leaps and bounds
over the last few years.  This year there were in excess of 60 in the
exhibition hall.  I can remember the first couple had less than 10.

Sorry you missed the notices, but additional information can be atained
at the USENIX web site, http://www.usenix.org.

There were 35 tutorials, 29 refereed papers, reports on Work-in
Progress, a number of Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, a "Ask the GURU"
convering a number of arenas, 9 invited talks, and Keynote speakers.

In addition, this is where SAGE, the System Administrators Guild,
conducts is annual business.  SAGE is a SPecial Technical Group within
the USENIX Association, that is dedicated to the recognition and
advancement of system administration as a profession.

Next year's conference is 26-31 October, 1997, at the Town & Country
Hotel, San Diego, Ca.  Make the trip, I don't think you will regret it.

pat...:-)>>
--

USENIX 1997 Technical Conference - Hotel Discount Deadline 12/20

Post by Henry Spence » Fri, 20 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>: USENIX 1997 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE
>: January 6-10, 1997, Anaheim, California

>Why isn't there ever anything like this in Chicago???????????????

LISA (Usenix's system-administrators conference) was in Chicago just a
couple of months ago.

Things like this don't get to Chicago very often because Chicago is a
rather expensive place to hold conferences.
--
"We don't care.  We don't have to.  You'll buy     |       Henry Spencer