help with xfree86 configuration PLEASE

Post by Noah Pugsl » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have an ati 3d rage II video card and am having a terrible time
trying to configure xfree86 for it. i am using the slackware distribution,
version unknown, and the xf86config program. please help

    -THANKS-

Post by Johan Kullsta » Tue, 08 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> I have an ati 3d rage II video card and am having a terrible time
> trying to configure xfree86 for it. i am using the slackware distribution,
> version unknown, and the xf86config program. please help

have you tried using the XF86Setup which is optional with XFree86 3.2
(and 3.2A i assume)?

i had a terrible time configuring until i found this tool.  look for a
file called XF86-3.2.Set.tar.gz or something close to it.  its live on
sunsite.unc.edu or a mirror.

in addiion to the X server for your card (i am not sure which one you
need but perusing the docs for this info should be easy enough), you
will need X for VGA16.