Sound recording possible with RH 5.2?

Post by Rico Dreie » Sun, 13 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody knows if there's anything to take care
that also sound recording is working under redhat 5.2. Play back
is no problem but recording with a microphone does only produce
empty files resp. files containing only the same values. Both
SoundStudio and dd (example of Sound-HOWTO) produce the same
results (user=root).

The sound hardware seems ok, i.e. it works on Windows. I've tested
to compile the kernel anew and to change the DMA channels with
sndconfig (-> conf.modules) - negative ...

Any hints?

Thanks,
     Rico

--

Sound recording possible with RH 5.2?

Post by Christopher Mahmoo » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

how are you trying to record sound?  if it won't work with dd (and
your mixer isn't set to something silly), then the card probably isn't
configured correctly.
-ckm