SuSe Linux and Eclipse - "No such file or directory"

SuSe Linux and Eclipse - "No such file or directory"

Post by uthiemo.. » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

after installing Eclipse under SuSe-Linux I keep getting the message
-no such file or directory - but the file to start (eclipse.exec) is
definetly there,permissions are ok and PATH is set also - any idea
what is going wrong?
PS: I tried to install again at another SuSe-distribution also and
it's not working too - but on a RedHat distribution it did work ! -
strange

Bye
UT

SuSe Linux and Eclipse - "No such file or directory"

Post by Clifford Ki » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi-

A hip-shot answer:

A glibc vs libc5 problem involving the loader /lib/ld-linux.so ?  Do
"strings /path_for_eclipse/eclipse.exec | grep ld-linux.so" and
compare what you see with what you see from "ls /lib/ld-linux.so.*".
The result from the first of these commands should appear in the result
for the second one.

If this is the problem then a solution might be to get the eclipse source
and compile it on your machine, providing there are no library-specific
dependencies.

===

--
Clifford Kite                                              Not a guru. (tm)