Memory leak in kernel 2.2.x?

Post by Bj?rn T Johanse » Wed, 01 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi.

I have now tried both kernel 2.2.11 and 2.2.12 and both seems to be
having a memory leak. Is this correct? And if so, how do I fix it?
When running top, I can't see any program that are using so much memory
that free reports as used. And after the system has been up and running
for a day or so, the a lot of messages get printed on the console
telling me that the system is out of memory and the only thing left to
do is to reset the computer and boot.

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Regards,

BTJ

Memory leak in kernel 2.2.x?

Post by Bob Tenne » Wed, 01 Sep 1999 04:00:00

 >I have now tried both kernel 2.2.11 and 2.2.12 and both seems to be
 >having a memory leak. Is this correct?
 >When running top, I can't see any program that are using so much memory
 >that free reports as used. And after the system has been up and running
 >for a day or so, the a lot of messages get printed on the console
 >telling me that the system is out of memory and the only thing left to
 >do is to reset the computer and boot.

2.2.11 does have a "*" memory leak in some configurations,
but this is supposed to have been fixed in 2.2.12.  Are you sure
it's the kernel that's responsible?

Bob T.

1. 2.2.1x kernel memory "leaks"

Probably < 100,000 entries on  256Mb box, certainly not 1.2 million.

What file systems are mailer ?
-

2. Stale Nfs File Handle

3. Memory Leak in 2.2.x series?

4. Newbie Monitor Issue

5. memory leaks, where to find a Checker that compiles with 2.2 ?

6. svc_tp_create errors after hardening Solaris for FW-1

7. How to read/write kernel memory in my driver of Linux 2.2/2.4?

8. Admintool core dump

9. Memory Size Limit for kernel 2.2.x ??

10. Shared memory: kernel 2.4 *much* slower compared to 2.2?

11. Solaris 2.2 kernel memory problem

12. kernel 2.2, LDT and TSSD. Memory access.

13. Solaris 2.2 Kernel Memory