Need Advice on choice of Peripherals && SMP ...

Need Advice on choice of Peripherals && SMP ...

Post by Adnan Khalee » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi I am a relative newcomer to Linux and need some advice in terms of
the peripherals.
I am planning for a Dual Pentium II and would like to know how difficult
is it to implement SMP in Linux ?
I wanted to know if AGP video cards like STB Velocity 128 work with
linux. Also, I've had a terrible time trying to find which X2 internal
modem ( preferably PCI) would be compatible with linux. The redhat page
wasnt much help.
I have a Ensoniq AudioPCI sound card that I think should work.

I would really be greatful to  anyone who has any suggestions or ideas.

Adrian

Need Advice on choice of Peripherals && SMP ...

Post by Jonath » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

The line
/sbin/setserial /dev/cua# auto_irq skip_test autoconfig
might come in handy if you get a WIN PNP based modem.
If need be, add the statement to rc.local and rc.serial in
/etc/rc.d/
Don't know if you'll run into the probs I had with getting my device
working properly(I'm new at Slack too) but the above statement did the
trick for me anyway.

Quote:>Hi I am a relative newcomer to Linux and need some advice in terms of