how2 debug minicom?

Post by Doug Sanderso » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'm able to use minicom to connect with my ISP and do vi and all
that jazz, but I can not transfer files.  When I try to download,
sz hangs.  When I try to upload, I get no error messages, but
nothing gets transferred.  I looked in the logfiles in the var
directory, and didn't see anything there.  How does one debug
minicom problems?
--
Doug Sanderson

www.halcyon.com/dcs

1. Minicom Alt-Q quits more than just Minicom

Hi,

I am a new user of Linux and want to set up PPP badly.  However, I've read the
HOWTO and followed the structions but just can't get it working.  What I've
got so far :-

1)I can dial in to my ISP using Minicom and logged in all right.
2)I can type in ppp at the prompt and garbage showed up (talking)

After that, I followed the instruction and type in <Alt-Q>, but when I do so,
not only the MINICOM quits but also the whole x-term will disappear leaving
the /dev/modem locked (when I pick up the phone, there is a dial tone so I
know it hanged up too).  My /etc/ppp/options file and /etc/resolv.conf look
as follow :-

modem
crtscts
defaultroute
asyncmap 0
mtu 552
mru 552

-------
and my /etc/resolv.conf :-

domain 137.186.128.11
       198.53.64.7
nameserver 10.25.0.1

---------

Thanks for any help.  I really appreciate it.

2. Automatically logging user in on console

3. SliRp/Minicom: Starting Slirp through minicom?

4. ftp put file problem

5. To Minicom or not to Minicom

6. Which BSD?

7. slab.c ATOMIC debug check to immediately trap atomic abuse while debugging

8. SSI - exec cgi (Apache) - newbie

9. : Kernel debugging (saving debug info)

10. Newbie: Different behaviour between debug and non-debug

11. etting debug flags doesn't help with debugging.

12. to debug or not to debug (was Re: Hiring Unix programming interns - writing an online quiz)

13. HOW2 flush my pipe? (on HPUX)