1. Stealth 32, Orchid Soundwave 32 and Sony CDU33a
I have a couple of problems I need help with:
1) I have an Orchid Soundwave 32 sound card. To that I have attached a Sony
CDU-33a. My problems with this are the following:
a) I have to boot DOS first to get the sound card to work (and load the
midgen.ld or mt32.ld).
b) I also have to boot under DOS first to get the address configured for
the CDU-33a from the soundcard.
Has anyone written a patch for the CD-ROM problem and does anyone have a
loader for the Soundwave 32?
2) X-Windows configuration:
a) No matter what I do, I can't get the video configured right. I have a
Diamond Stealth 32 ET4000/W32p card and an NEC 3FGe Monitor.
I am aware that X-Windows doesn't support most Diamond products, but I
don't see why it still won't work using the W32 driver. I have even tried the
SVGA server, but with the same results. The biggest headache I have is
setting the dot clocks. I get a message about not being able to set mode
because there are no defined clocks for it. I have tried the XFree Config
included and its a no go. I looked through every doc I have and come up bust.
Can somebody please save my sanity! I am trying to get i
t to work in 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, in 8bit, 16, and 32, if possible.
Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
I am running Linux 1.1.59 currently (Slackware) but I also have version 1.2.3
floating around somewhere.
My machine is a 486DX2/66(Intel) 8meg, Diamond Stealth 32 ET4000w32p (2Meg
board, DRAM) Sony CDU33a attached to the Soundwave 32, Conner tape backup
(250M), and it is slighty modified to run at 80 Meg. 2 Western Digital Hard
drives (540 and 210 Meg), Linux on the second (210).
2. PCI ne2000
3. How convert 32 float ppc to 32 foat X86 ?
4. Kludge to fix printing probs under SLS 1.03
5. Solaris 9 installed with 32 & 64 bit supports but boots in 32 bit mode
6. STB 4port serial card & 1 irq?
7. Patches 108993-32 and 108994-32 are broken
8. cdrom problem
9. Help - RedHat 4.0 install fails to detect pnp SB 32 cdrom
10. FAT 32 and RedHat 5.1
11. Fat 32 Support--Redhat question
12. RTL8139 Compiling problem on 2.0.32 Redhat.
13. can redhat 7.2 run *comfortably* on a P-I 166 Mhz / 32 Mb RAM system?