opie-2.32 on RedHat

Post by jas » Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Dear Linux Gurus

I've got a opie-2.32 on several sites. I try to install on my computer (RedHat 5.1).
After make install; all systems are operationel only the /etc/opieaccess
don't. Why ?

Please help-me !!!!!!!

--
For responding please cut the "no-spawm" in my address
Pour rpondre enlever le ?no-spawm? de l'adresse.

opie-2.32 on RedHat

Post by jas » Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Vik Bajaj a crit:

> Did you compile it with support for the opieaccess file?
> I assume your opieaccess file has the correct syntax, since you are
> functional on other platforms.

> --Vik

> : I've got a opie-2.32 on several sites. I try to install on my computer (RedHat 5.1).
> : After make install; all systems are operationel only the /etc/opieaccess
> : don't. Why ?

Thanks for your respond

Yes, I've compile with

configure --enable-access-file=/etc/opieaccess

Do you have a example (correct syntax) of opieaccess file

My opieaccess file :

permit hostname pofpof.toto.pompom
permit internet 100.100.100.100
deny

For advance thanks

JAS

For responding cut the "no-spawm" in the address
Pour rpondre enlever le ?no-spawm? de l'adresse.

1. Stealth 32, Orchid Soundwave 32 and Sony CDU33a

I have a couple of problems I need help with:

1) I have an Orchid Soundwave 32 sound card.  To that I have attached a Sony
CDU-33a.  My problems with this are the following:

    a)  I have to boot DOS first to get the sound card to work (and load the
midgen.ld or mt32.ld).
    b)  I also have to boot under DOS first to get the address configured for
the CDU-33a from the soundcard.

Has anyone written a patch for the CD-ROM problem and does anyone have a
loader for the Soundwave 32?

2)  X-Windows configuration:

    a) No matter what I do, I can't get the video configured right.  I have a
Diamond Stealth 32 ET4000/W32p card and an NEC 3FGe Monitor.
        I am aware that X-Windows doesn't support most Diamond products, but I
don't see why it still won't work using the W32 driver.  I have even tried the
SVGA server, but with the same results.  The biggest headache I have is
setting the dot clocks.  I get a message about not being able to set mode
because there are no defined clocks for it.  I have tried the XFree Config
included and its a no go.  I looked through every doc I have and come up bust.
 Can somebody please save my sanity!  I am trying to get i
t to work in 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, in 8bit, 16, and 32, if possible.
Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Linux 1.1.59 currently (Slackware) but I also have version 1.2.3
floating around somewhere.
My machine is a 486DX2/66(Intel) 8meg, Diamond Stealth 32 ET4000w32p (2Meg
board, DRAM) Sony CDU33a attached to the Soundwave 32, Conner tape backup
(250M), and it is slighty modified to run at 80 Meg.  2 Western Digital Hard
drives (540 and 210 Meg), Linux on the second (210).

Pleze help!!!!!!

webpage http//:www.primenet.com/~nme/index.html

2. PCI ne2000

3. How convert 32 float ppc to 32 foat X86 ?

4. Kludge to fix printing probs under SLS 1.03

5. Solaris 9 installed with 32 & 64 bit supports but boots in 32 bit mode

6. STB 4port serial card & 1 irq?

7. Patches 108993-32 and 108994-32 are broken

8. cdrom problem

9. Help - RedHat 4.0 install fails to detect pnp SB 32 cdrom

10. FAT 32 and RedHat 5.1

11. Fat 32 Support--Redhat question

12. RTL8139 Compiling problem on 2.0.32 Redhat.

13. can redhat 7.2 run *comfortably* on a P-I 166 Mhz / 32 Mb RAM system?