gopher2.016 menus

Post by Ron Parke » Mon, 10 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I have gopher2.016 compiled with FreeWAIS3.0 support on a Linux 1.2  [C [C
system.  In my gopher-data directory, there are 4 files and two subdirectories.
I have defined each in my .names file.  The subdirectories are defined as
items 2 and 3.  When I run client, all items appear correctly on menu,
but the subdirectories are repeated again as items 7 and 8.  It appears
that the subdirectories are listed again as part of the default listing
of files and subdirectories within a subdirectory.

How do I prevent subdirectories which have been defined in my .names file
from listing again at bottom of menu?  Thanks.

-ron
--

gopher2.016 menus

Post by Stevers » Tue, 11 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>I have gopher2.016 compiled with FreeWAIS3.0 support on a Linux 1.2
>system.  In my gopher-data directory, there are 4 files and two
>subdirectories.  I have defined each in my .names file.  The
>subdirectories are defined as items 2 and 3.  When I run client, all
>items appear correctly on menu, but the subdirectories are repeated
>again as items 7 and 8.  It appears that the subdirectories are listed
>again as part of the default listing of files and subdirectories within
>a subdirectory.

>How do I prevent subdirectories which have been defined in my .names
>file from listing again at bottom of menu?

This is not a Linux question.  Please refrain from posting off-topic
questions to this newsgroup, comp.os.linux.misc.  A more appropariate
forum would have been comp.infosystems.gopher.

However, to answer your question:

When you make an entry in your ".names" file for a file or subdirectory
located in the current directory, omit the "Host=" and "Port=" lines.
For instance, I would imagine you have something similar to the following:

Name=Some nifty file I want you to look at!
Numb=1
Host=myserver.mydomain
Port=70
Path=/somedir/somesubdir/myfile.txt

or:

Name=Some nitfy file I want you to look at!
Numb=1
Host=+
Port=+
Path=./myfile.txt

What you *should* have is the following:

Name=Some nifty file I want you to look at!
Numb=1
Path=./myfile.txt

Only include the "Host=" and "Port=" lines if the resource you're
referencing is *not* located in the current directory.

-Steve Coile

1. Help! Cannot compile gopher2.016 on Solaris 2.3

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to be a good Solaris user by keeping /usr/ucblib
out of my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Unfortunately I now find myself in a
position where I can no longer compile the gopher client and server.
Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to do this. I'd much
rather not have to go in and hack any code. I am using gcc 2.5.8
on a Sun SparcServer 10, running Solaris 2.3

Thanks,

Vinay
--
<A HREF="http://shakti.trincoll.edu/~vgupta/">Vinay Gupta</A> or <p>
<A HREF="http://cs.indiana.edu/finger/trincoll.edu/vgupta/w">Finger Home</A><p>

2. When's the next Solaris version coming?

3. Enlightenment (0.16.3) won't read my .menu or .cfg files...

4. HELP!!! change the LINES per page on a queue for Matrix printer IBM 6400

5. gopher2.06 dumping core under 2.2

6. Disk problems during setup. Partition table

7. gopher2.010

8. timespec weirdness?

9. Help with Gopher2.024 & Wais...%^)

10. Control Center loses menu after editing menu in menuDrake

11. Slackware setup menu always goes back to menu

12. Debian-menus - can't add own positions to menu

13. Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu