Regular Expression:- Stupid Question (probably)

Regular Expression:- Stupid Question (probably)

Post by Joshua Wead » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: OK, so i'm probably missing something REALLY
: obvious, but whats the regex for a space?

' ' if you want to match a space exclusively
.   if it doesn't really matter and you can match it to any single character

--Josh

------------------------
panic("esp: Mr. Potatoe Head is on the loose!");
panic("esp: penguin doesn't disconnect after status msg-ack.");
panic("esp: Heading to the promised land.");

(All from src/linux/drivers/scsi/esp.c)

Post by John Foste » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

OK, so i'm probably missing something REALLY
obvious, but whats the regex for a space?

Regular Expression:- Stupid Question (probably)

Post by Bob Hau » Mon, 05 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> OK, so i'm probably missing something REALLY
> obvious, but whats the regex for a space?

A space.  If you really mean "white space", use "[ \t\n]+".

---

 Wasatch Communications Group               http://www.wasatch.com

1. Apache Problem, probably a stupid question.

I'm trying to configure my apache server on Redhat 6.2 with apache
1.3.14 to access users "public_html" directories.

In one user directory I created the directory with an "index.html"
file I set the permissions to all read for the "public_html" directory
and "index.html".

In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf I have

UserDir public_html

and I uncommented the lines:

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
        AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
        Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExed
        <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
                Order allow, deny
                Allow from all
        </Limit PUT DELETE PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
                Order deny, allow
                Deny from all
        <Limit>
</Directory>

Whenever I try to access the user page I get a forbidden error.

What am I doing wrong?

Mark Healey
marknews(the 'at' thing)healeyonline.com

2. Easy upgrade w/o CD from RH4.1 to 4.2?

3. NAT Question (Probably Stupid)

4. X-window help in Linux (please)

5. Stupid Question probably

6. Solaris a fair-weather operating system?

7. (probably) stupid question about cups

8. Possible Attack ?

9. Probably a very stupid question...

10. Two (probably stupid) questions.

11. Apache/SSI question (probably stupid)

12. Probably a stupid question?

13. Probably a stupid question, but I have to ask