SERVERS

Post by Simo » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

 Can someone let me know how to set up your own web server, I am pissed off
with hosting companies and poor performance.

please reply to

Thanks.

Simon.

SERVERS

Post by Mar » Sat, 22 Jul 2000 04:00:00

any out of the box linux distrobution should do this automatically,
but be warned you may want mail set up and may be SMTP or DNS and FTP.
again most out of the box linux distros will do all this well but you
need to decide what you need. Also Dedicated access for a hosting
computer runs $100's of dolars per month. Most web hosting companies
that charge more than $50 per month are very good.
It all depends on what you need CGI high band width or beter customer
support. We started hosting our own domains as we wanted better access
for CGI programing more apache plugins etc. but stuck with hosting
companies untill we had 50 domains as server maintinace and ded access
is expansive also.

Mark

>Hi,

> Can someone let me know how to set up your own web server, I am pissed off
>with hosting companies and poor performance.

>please reply to

>Thanks.

>Simon.

1. How to share one IP address with two servers (application server and web server)?

Hi!,

I don't think you can share one IP address with two different servers, but you
can do load balancing ?, is this what you want ?

See ya

Dean Thompson

2. Why does lpd print files repeatedly?

3. FreeBSD Web servers (was Re: NT server vs workstation for WWW server)

4. VNC over Internet to LAN

5. Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as Proxy Server and Web server?

6. firstnaz nymserver all passthru2

7. Using your web server as a file server/version control server?

8. ata probes empty drive...

9. assesing initial server # from server-status ?

10. port win32 COM Server to linux CORBA server

11. Apache Server V Netscape Server

12. Using an outside proxy server form behind a proxy server

13. How can I log into a remote server and run X aps in that server?