Python tutorial in Toronto

Post by William Pa » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

An informal tutorial on Python is being scheduled in Toronto.
It will be more detailed than the on-line tutorial at
    http://www.python.org/doc/tut/
and will cover most non-GUI stuffs from
    "Programming Python" by Mark Lutz.

In case you don't already know, Python is an object-oriented script
language with clean and simple syntax that is easy to read and write.
Once you try Python, you won't go back to C, sed, awk, or perl.

If there are people in the city of Toronto, Ont, Canada, wishing
to attend the tutorial, please contact me

The tutorial will be held Saturday morning in Rogers Building at
Ryerson.

        Yours truly,
        William

--

1. Python + KDE tutorial

Since I mentioned my attempts at the translation
of Daniel Marjam?ki's c++ KDE tutorial
(http://www.dormnet.his.se/~a96danma) into Python,
I thought it a good idea to mention that it is now
up at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/tutorial.html

It offers both of Daniels lessons and some explanatory
text. I'm sure I not an experienced Python programmer,
but the examples seem to work...

Boudewijn Rempt
--

Boudewijn Rempt  | www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt

2. network link between wnidows and linux box keeps dying

3. Any FreeBSD users, guru's user groups in the Toronto or U of Toronto area?

4. ipforwarding

5. Dejagnu Tutorial: Fees Reduced and Tutorial Descriptions for

6. docs for Xt-libs?

7. awk Tutorial: Fees Reduced and Tutorial Descriptions for

8. Using /dev/lp0 for file transfer

9. Guile Tutorial: Fees Reduced and Tutorial Descriptions for

10. Linux Tutorial: Fees Reduced and Tutorial Descriptions for

11. Unix and Sybase / Oracle and NT - Integration experience - Permanent-Toronto - Dynamic Company and working environment!

12. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins