Watching a terminal from a VC

Post by Ben Slag » Sun, 01 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know if it's possible to watch what somebody's
doing on a terminal from a VC? (Configure the output to the
terminal to also go to the VC?) Thanks.

Watching a terminal from a VC

Post by Pete Glassco » Fri, 13 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know if it's possible to watch what somebody's
>doing on a terminal from a VC? (Configure the output to the
>terminal to also go to the VC?) Thanks.

Since this is pretty unethical, I won't tell you about ttysnoopd, which is
available in the slackware distribution, and probably on your nearest sunsite
mirror, too... ;-)

Pete
--
Peter Glasscock       |  Churchill College  |  A mathematician is a machine for
Asst Computer Officer |  CAMBRIDGE CB3 0DS  |  converting coffee into theorems.

1. /dev/console problem (file descriptor refers to VC at time of open, not current VC)

        I noticed a problem with /dev/console handling when I was configuring
syslogd to log both to the console and a file (you do this by putting separate
entries on different lines). It always logged to the VC where I started syslogd,
or /dev/tty1 if I started it from /etc/rc. It isn't syslogd's fault, I wrote a
test program which does an open() of /dev/console (char device 4/0) and then
while (1)'s a write to the fd. It keeps outputting on the VC it was started
from, and the is no output on other VC's when I switch to them. I think it
would be better if write()'s to /dev/console outputted to the VC at the time
of the write(), not the open().

2. libXm.so.3

3. watch and terminal snooping

4. !Modem configuration help requested

5. Terminal Watch !

6. Easy way of restricting telnets?

7. watching/taking over a terminal session

8. Printing through Netscape

9. stty speed for VC or pseudo terminal

10. booting linux and watching it over a terminal

11. bitkeeper cygwin messed up cygwin terminal setting for tcsh, lynx: dumb terminal?

12. Terminal Emulators/ Virtual Terminals

13. I have problems with digiboards setup for terminal use with dec (xon/xoff) terminals