How to check for uptime in KDE ?

Post by Arctic Blizzar » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:17:15

I know how to check the uptime in GNOME; choose the system info menu.
How do you check the uptime in KDE?

--

I'm using the "NATO & International Aviation Phonetic Alphabet" in my email
address, so the spammers'll have to work a bit harder.  If you're having

How to check for uptime in KDE ?

Post by reader of ne » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:32:02

From any shell prompt you simply
enter

$ uptime

Works for gnome or kde

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:17:15 -0500,

>I know how to check the uptime in GNOME; choose the system info menu.
>How do you check the uptime in KDE?

>--

How to check for uptime in KDE ?

Post by Mina Nagui » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:25:32

Quote:> I know how to check the uptime in GNOME; choose the system info menu.
> How do you check the uptime in KDE?

Launch a terminal session and type 'uptime' ?

> --

> I'm using the "NATO & International Aviation Phonetic Alphabet" in my
email
> address, so the spammers'll have to work a bit harder.  If you're having
> trouble deciphering my cryptic email address, look up "Phonetic Alphabet"
on
> the web.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

1. disable remote uptime checks

Does anyone know how to disable remote uptime checking(RFC 1323).  I know its
possible to disable this under other operating systems, linux and freebsd, that
I know of?

I've tried:

ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_tstamp_if_wscale 0
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_tstamp_always 0

as a few docs have suggested but to no avail...

I'd like not to advirtise the uptime of my system if possible...

Thanks.

2. rpc.lockd

3. KDE 3.1 and Shift-Ins

4. KDE user Desktop

5. Uptime rollover, How to tell real uptime?

6. Linux default file system type?

7. How does uptime.netcraft.com know my uptime?

8. iconify a program

9. How to check for mouse/kb activity in a KDE App

10. KDE spell check for Knode not working!

11. ?? Check, if you installed the KDE header files correctly. ??

12. KDE Mail Sticky check boxes

13. Where is kde.debian.net or kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde ?