How to enable 'fastboot' option in rc.sysinit

How to enable 'fastboot' option in rc.sysinit

Post by _lr_ » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

The subject says it all: How do I enable the 'fastboot' option found in
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit. I've checked the faqs and my usual q+a sites, but
can't seem to find anything.

(Yes, I know that turning this on is a bad idea, but I need to do it
anyway.)

Thanks
LR

1. difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit ?

What is the difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit?
I am using Redhat 8. I did a diff on them and they are identical.
/etc/rc.sysinit is apparently a copy of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit since it
says that it is that file, even though it's not (see below).

#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - run once at boot time

I want to change something in whichever of these scripts is run at
bootup, but I don't know which one gets run.

Thanks,
Russell

2. HP 4050

3. rc.local and rc.sysinit don't execute mount

4. Colour in dtterm

5. which user does /etc/rc.d/rc.local / rc.sysinit run as?

6. x window renderer for pfb fonts under linux

7. Stumped: why won't 2.4 run rc.sysinit?!

8. HP Colorado 8GB on SuSE

9. How to enable the 'Pack Structure' option in GCC

10. Trouble with /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit root mount

11. RH7.3: LVM & /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

12. call to ldconfig in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit question

13. /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq: No such file or directory