HELP: URGENT... Problem with gdb and Shared Libs.

HELP: URGENT... Problem with gdb and Shared Libs.

Post by Steve Pich » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a set of Shared Libraries ontop of which I am linking an ELF
application.
I can run the application from the command line without any problem but
when I
tried to debug it using gdb I got the following error message:

GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/home/spiche/v700/src/cv/cv
/usr/home/spiche/v700/src/cv/cv: error in loading shared libraries
cvlib700.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Program exited with code 0177.
(gdb)

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is pointing to the directory containing my libs. I also
try
to add this directory to my /etc/ld.so.conf file, delete the cache and
run
ldconfig. But I still have the same error.

I am using RedHat 5.2 with gcc 2.8.1.

If you have any idea/hint please tell me because we are desperate.
( we are almost to the point of installing Windows NT ).

Thanks,

1. Help - shared libs lib****.so.4 lib***.so.5

Can anyone advise me ??

I have recently set up a Linux-FT system - runnung well and v. stable -
installing applications and utilities many will not run as they appear
to be missing lib* files. eg. Mosaic asks for libc.so.4 libm.so.4, I
have libc.so.5 and libm.so.5 , so I need both sets of 'lib' files??
What is the best solution?

thanks

Chris

2. IP Stack code

3. Problem debugging shared libs with Linux&GDB

4. Netra 1625: where are the man pages?

5. gdb and shared libs problem

6. System management Software

7. Problems debugging shared libs with Linux&GDB

8. Linux as a DOS fileserver?

9. gdb stop working (shared lib handler failed to enable breakpoints)

10. Tracing in a shared lib with gdb?

11. Can gdb step into shared lib?

12. gdb and shared libs

13. Dynamic shared libs with GDB