Multithreading

Post by ChampionSOFT System Solutio » Wed, 31 May 1995 04:00:00

I was curious to know whether or not  Linux
supported multithreading, and if so, which versions
do, and how do I go about using it?

I appreciate all the time.

-CFK

Multithreading

Post by Jim Nan » Sun, 04 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I was curious to know whether or not  Linux
> supported multithreading, and if so, which versions
> do, and how do I go about using it?

The linux kernel do not really/yet support multithreading.  There are threads
libraries which implement it in user space.  Look around for a package called
pthreads.

Jim

1. Multithreading on a multi processor computer

It might be a FAQ question, but anyway: are there any guidelines for
defining the optimal number of LWPs for one's program? Is it the
number of CPUs in the box? I don't think that thread or pthread
libraries fire up LWPs dynamically, so one have to do it on one's own.
Am I wrong here?

Thanks,

Dima

2. NCR 53c825 PCI SCSI Card

3. Multithreading in linux

4. REVOLUTION CROSS-PLATFORM IDE LAUNCHED

5. Multithreading

6. What Motherboard to AMD Athlon

7. multithreading under linux

8. FAT32 and Slackware 3.4... please help.

9. More cluelessness: file descriptors and multithreading

10. n_r3964 -- ad hoc async io vs. multithreading

11. Pthreads: Solaris 2.6 aren't multithreading

12. Segmantation fault with multithreading

13. Multithreading with X11/Motif