Linux Audio Control Source Code

Post by Mike » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:41:02

Help:

I need to write an application that will read multiple "wav" files and play them
back tp back. Clean up and do it again. I am looking for some source code
examples to do this.

Suggestions?

Mike

Linux Audio Control Source Code

Post by Michael Lee Yoh » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:16:16

Quote:> I need to write an application that will read multiple "wav" files and play them
> back tp back. Clean up and do it again. I am looking for some source code
> examples to do this.

> Suggestions?

XMMS?  The source is available and free.
--

Software Developer, Engineering Services
Red Hat, Inc.

http://people.redhat.com/myohe/

QUIPd 1.02: (171 of 815)
-> The road to hell is paved with melting snowballs.
-> - Larry Wall

--
Garry Knight

Linux registered user 182025

Post by Erik de Castro Lop » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 05:02:44

> Help:

> I need to write an application that will read multiple "wav" files and play them
> back tp back. Clean up and do it again. I am looking for some source code
> examples to do this.

There is an example program with libsndfile:

    http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/libsndfile/

called sfplay which allows something like this from the command line:

prompt > sfplay a.wav b.wav c.wav

for any reasonable number of files. I've tried it with hundreds.

Erik

Everything that I've learned about computers I have boiled
down into three principles:
  PC/Windows: You think it won't work, and it won't.
  Macintosh: You think it will work, but it won't.
  Unix: You think it won't work, but if you find the right
        guru, you can make it work.