HELP! Shared library lost?

Post by David Rabanu » Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi folks,

I have a problem: Since recently I get an error message when I want to
use the command "man whatever". It says:

gtbl: error in loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2:

...and nothing else happens. Any hints what to do?

Thanks in advance - David

1. Help with building shared libraries with dependencies on other shared libraries

Hi all,

I'm having problems running my application in Linux (RedHat 7.1) that loads
up ten shared libraries, all but one have dependencies with the other shared
libraries. The application is written in Java, so in the code I load up the
libraries using

System.loadLibrary("lib1");

The libraries are written in C++ and I'm using VIDE (integrated development
environment) to create my makefile. The complier is g++ and for linking
flags I have: -fPIC -shared.

When I try to run my application on Linux, it loads up the first shared
library lib1 correctly but when it tries to load the second one lib2 it
complains about unresolved symbols, the ones that were defined in lib1. When
I compiled all the code and made it lib1, the application worked but for
this project it is required that I have multiple shared libraries. So is
there a way to build these libraries that are dependent on each other so
that I won't have the unresolved symbols problem or is there a way in Java
to load up all the libraries simultaneously? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Johnny

2. list of rpms

3. Will strip(debug shared library) == nodebug shared library ?

4. Need advice: Which OS to port to?

5. Question: Inclusion of shared libraries during linking of shared libraries

6. source routing

7. Shared library loading shared library.

8. linking a PC under linux and an old Apple II+ over a serial line

9. Need a Shared Library Guru: beyond simple shared library question

10. When is a shared library not a shared library?

11. Shared Libraries lose under AIX 3.1/X11R5

12. Help!! Need help on Shared Libraries

13. Shared libraries sharing from main app?