Auto file name completion with "ESC" key?

Auto file name completion with "ESC" key?

Post by Tri Tr » Fri, 13 May 1994 02:58:36

Could someone tell me why I can't complete the file name that
I want to type by hitting the "ESC" under linux?  Is there a
special program/setup that I need to enable/run.  Sorry if this
is a trivial faq question.

Tri

Post by Timothy Andrew List » Sat, 14 May 1994 19:13:22

>Could someone tell me why I can't complete the file name that
>I want to type by hitting the "ESC" under linux?  Is there a

You don't mention what shell you are using but if it's tcsh then it
should do it when you press the Tab key. In csh you had to set a variable
called filec in $HOME/.cshrc.

I don't know how to do it ksh, but as my version of ksh I got with Slackware
is *very* flakey I don't use it.

Hope this helps,
                Tim Lister

--
The secret of success in Maths: "Plagiarize. Plagiarize, let no one's work evade
 your eyes, but remember all of the time to call it... research" -  Tom Lehrer.