cd-player for scsi?

Post by Norbert Kelzenbe » Fri, 22 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I've tried to locate a CD-player, that supports SCSI-cdrom's so that I can
listen to nice music while examining my new system (that I begin to like
more and more every time I use it).

Sofar I've only found CD-players for IDE/ATAPI CD-roms, but none that
support SCSI CD-roms.

If you know a programm, that would help me, I'd be happy if you send me
some Email about where to find the Linuxprogramm I'm searching for.

--
Norbert 'Norri' Kelzenberg                  Phone: Int.+358-40-5033 073
Hamcall  OH2AUM & OH6NXL                               +358-50-61 134

cd-player for scsi?

Post by Torgeir Hovde » Fri, 22 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>I've tried to locate a CD-player, that supports SCSI-cdrom's so that I can
>listen to nice music while examining my new system (that I begin to like
>more and more every time I use it).

>Sofar I've only found CD-players for IDE/ATAPI CD-roms, but none that
>support SCSI CD-roms.

>If you know a programm, that would help me, I'd be happy if you send me
>some Email about where to find the Linuxprogramm I'm searching for.

What about Workbone / Workman included in the SlackWare distribution?
Works perfectly with my SCSI CD-ROM.

Torgeir.

cd-player for scsi?

Post by Torgeir Hovde » Fri, 22 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>I've tried to locate a CD-player, that supports SCSI-cdrom's so that I can
>listen to nice music while examining my new system (that I begin to like
>more and more every time I use it).

>Sofar I've only found CD-players for IDE/ATAPI CD-roms, but none that
>support SCSI CD-roms.

>If you know a programm, that would help me, I'd be happy if you send me
>some Email about where to find the Linuxprogramm I'm searching for.

What about Workbone / Workman included in the SlackWare distribution?
Works perfectly with my SCSI CD-ROM.

Torgeir.

1. vold makes CD-player reset SCSI bus

If I connect a DLT4000 and a NEC CD-player on the same SCSI bus the
CD-player resets the SCSI bus failing the backup. The backup is a simple tar
command and it stops working with the message tar tape write error. If vold
does not run then this will not happen.

There are a few workarounds:
1. Put a CD in the player
2. Stop vold
3 Connect the CD-player on another SCSI bus
4. Use a toshiba CD-player instead of the NEC

Is there a patch for vold ?

/marco

2. HD boot sector gets overwritten

3. Anyone using AIWA ACD-300 CD-Player, 2X, SCSI-2 ?

4. SATAN v1.1.1 [released] and v1.1.4 [experimental] both do not compile on Redhat 6.0.

5. x86 (Audio CD Player with non SCSI CD)

6. rlogin from cronjob

7. X11 Cd-player for Teac CD-55A?

8. Something wrong with hostname/domainname?

9. Problem- Video CD- CD to CD copying- Does not play in hardware player

10. E-IDE CD-ROM CD-player on 2.4 X86 ?

11. CD Player and MP3 Player for Solaris 8

12. MP# player and CD player

13. Z-Player CD-Rom player from ZDS ?